Casa Sol y Salsa: 4 bedrooms in casa particular (= B&B or homestay)
The B&B 'Casa Sol y Salsa' is the perfect choice for you if you love dance, Latin music, art and nature. Our nice and spacious colonial house located in Central Havana, the most authentic part of the town, is very colorful with many huge paintings of stunning city views. Our guests particularly like our beautiful, cozy and accommodating terrace with lots of lovely plants, flowers and a well-assorted bar. It is a real oasis of well-being and ideally suited to relax, unwind and recover from the hustle and bustle of the city and your daily activities.
The Casa rents four bedrooms on the first and second floor, while the building and some of its communal areas (e.g. the living room and the roof terrace on the third floor) are also the home of the dance school 'Salsa con Clase' (more info on salsa-con-clase.com). They are used for dance and Spanish classes from 9 am to 7 pm. Therefore, please be aware and consider before booking that you will hear some salsa and other Latin music during the day (although the music should not be too loud in the bedrooms).
Reserve your stay in our online booking system
You can select the desired check-in date to see the availabilities of our four bedrooms and book your preferred room directly on our online booking system here:
We implemented all COVID-19 related measures and are ready to welcome you safely.
Nearly all touristic activities in Havana and tours through the whole island are allowed again. However, we still recommend you get updated information on the valid Covid-19 regulations in Cuba prior to booking your flights and reserving your stay.
COVID-19 related entry requirements valid since October 2022:
1. All travelers to Cuba must complete this online form: Online form Cuba
2. Local medical representatives will visit casas particulares. Anyone with respiratory symptoms may be moved to a clinic or isolation center and will have to pay for PCR test(s) and medical services by credit card. Travelling companions may be required to self-isolate in their accommodation pending a negative PCR test result.
3. On 19 July 2022, the Government made face masks "mandatory" again on public transport and in healthcare settings and medical facilities, as well as for people with respiratory symptoms. Using face masks in all other settings is “recommended”.
Photos of terraces and building of Casa Sol y Salsa
Photos of the four bedrooms of Casa Sol y Salsa
Address: Street Neptuno no. 558, between Escobar & Lealtad, 1st and 2nd floor, Central Havana, Havana, Cuba
Home phone: +53 7 860 3728
Manager (only Spanish-speaking): Ireida Montoya
Cell phone Ireida: +53 5 348 3948
Support for English- or German-speaking guests:
Luís Gustavo Osoria Marichal
Cell phone Luís: +53 5 263 6488
The four non-smoking bedrooms in the 'Casa Sol y Salsa' are spacious, nice and comfortable, each of them having a private bathroom with hot and cold water, They are all equipped with modern air condition, make-up table, cupboard, fan, refrigerator and safe. For music lovers, portable Bluetooth speakers are available on request,
Two bedrooms are located on the first floor and both provide space for up to two persons. One bedroom (no. 3) has a queen-size bed, while the second one (no. 4) disposes of two single beds. You will find photos of the rooms under the following link: Photos of bedrooms on first floor
The other two bedrooms are situated in an apartment on the second floor. The apartment also provides a living room with a TV combined with a small kitchen and guests can take advantage by using this room as a shared area. Both bedrooms (no. 1 and no. 2) dispose of a queen-size and a single bed, thus each room provides space for up to three persons. You will find photos of the rooms under the following link: Photos of bedrooms in apartment on second floor
Guests can also use the communal rooms and areas, such as the two terraces on the second floor (the sheltered one of 'Casa Sol y Salsa' and the open one of 'Casa Sol y Sombra') and the patio and balcony on the first floor. See the latest photos here: Photos of terraces and communal areas
Prices that will be shown when you access our online booking portal:
- 30 EUR (or USD) per night and bedroom with private bathroom for the two rooms on the first floor
- 40 EUR (or USD) per night and bedroom with private bathroom for the two rooms in the apartment on the second floor (with shared use of the living room and kitchen)
- For stays of 10-13 nights, you will get the last night free.
- For stays of at least 14 days, we reduce the price per night and bedroom by 5 EUR (or USD).
- Special deals are available for stays of 28 days or longer (please contact us directly by email).
Regular cleaning and exchange of towels and bed linen is included in the price (frequency normally every second day or according to your personal preference). Laundry service can be provided on request (for a fee).
The 'Casa Sol y Salsa' also offers breakfast (for 5 EUR or USD per person) and dinner (for 8-12 EUR or USD per person, depending on the choice). Breakfast is usually served on the sheltered terrace on the second floor and for dinner you can choose the terrace or the dining room.
Bedrooms 1 and 2, living room, kitchen and terrace of apartment on second floor
Bedrooms 3 and 4 on the first floor of 'Casa Sol y Salsa'
Rooms used by the dance school 'Salsa con Clase' during the day
See further pictures and videos in individual sections in navigation menu